EFFECTIVE DATE: February 24, 2021
This privacy notice describes how the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC), me too. International (‘me too’), and the TIME’S UP Foundation (TIME’S UP) (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares personal information through its website located at https://www.weasourselves.org (the “Site”).
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information about you from your use of the Site. As referred to here, “personal data” or “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or reasonably identifiable individual.
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you from your use of the Site, which fall into the following categories:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments from you and other details of products you have purchased from us and donations you have made to us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback, and experience.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Site. Currently, our Site does not respond to a user’s “Do Not Track” browser request.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
How we use your personal data
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one basis has been set out in the table below.
|Type of data
|Lawful basis/es for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|To send you periodic email or text updates on how you can get involved in We, As Ourselves work in your community, if you sign up for these, or other information about the work of the three convening organizers.
Marketing and Communications
|To process purchases that you make through the Site, including through use of our payment processing and data storage vendors.
|To enable our payment processing vendor to process donations that you make through the Site.
|To administer and protect the Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
Marketing and Communications
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, user relationships and experiences.
We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you visit our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
|To comply with court orders, litigation procedures and any other legal processes.
|To assist national law enforcement / security agencies or respond to requests from public, governmental and regulatory authorities.
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Service providers or agents that perform services on our behalf, hosting services, research and analytics, and customer service
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or when we believe it is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of third parties
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We have put in place security measures designed to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, or accessed, altered, used or disclosed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to the personal data that we maintain to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need for access to the data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with a suspected breach in the security of personal data and, in the event of a breach, will notify you and any government authorities when legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including to satisfy any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
International transfers; EU residents
Please note that if you reside outside of the United States, if you submit personal data on the Site we will collect that personal data in the United States. Please contact us if you want further information on how your personal data is protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws in this regard.
If you reside in the European Union (EU), you have rights in relation to your personal data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, as nationally implemented (the “GDPR”). Specifically, you have the following rights:
- Right to request access to your personal data
- Right to request correction of your personal data
- Right to request erasure of your personal data
- Right to object to processing of your personal data
- Right to request restriction of processing your personal data
- Right to request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data
Please contact us at [email protected] if you want further information about any of these rights. TIME’S UP Foundation is the controller (within the meaning of the GDPR) and responsible for such personal data.
The Site may include social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking and blogging tools offered by third parties. These social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your social media account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media networks and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. If you would like to update the personal information you have previously provided to us, you can do so by emailing us at [email protected].